Multiple Hyperion locations celebrating 1 year with 0 Lost Time Injuries
These production facilities include our carbide powder production facility in Grenoble, France; our cemented carbide production facility in Epinouze, France; and our diamond production facility in Worthington, Ohio, USA.
In addition to these facilities reaching this milestone, our diamond production facility in Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA is nearing 10 years without a recordable injury.
This was possible through our associates' commitment to taking care of their own health and safety as well as that of others. We thank all our team members for their daily vigilance in adhering to safety guidelines and processes and for reporting hazards so we could implement preventive actions to reduce risk.
Some of the actions the team took during the past 12 months to prevent injuries included:
- Upgrading equipment to prevent back twisting and shoulder strains
- Ensuring employees aren't risking injury by lifting too heavy of equipment
- Making weighing stations more ergonomic
- Establishing biannual osteopathy sessions
- Adding protective casings to the crushing machines
- Installing guardrails to additional workstations
- Constant walkthroughs of production areas
- Emphasizing employee hazard reporting protocols
"Still, the injuries we have experienced within the organization remind us how much we need to keep focusing on safety by identifying risks. Our worst enemy is our routines and habits, because we don't see the risk anymore. That is why we are implementing EHS 'spot checks' to review areas and ensure tasks are performed according to plan to identify more potential risks," said Béatrice Von Ins, Quality and EHS Manager, Epinouze.
Our facilities will continue to add improvements for ongoing momentum.
When our employees can thrive in a safe environment, we reduce the risk of longer lead times and diminished stockfor our customers.Please join us in recognizing our team members for their dedication to continuous improvement and making the work environment an even more secure place.