Hyperion manufactures high quality cemented carbide bushings and bearing sleeves that work in corrosive and abrasive (due to load, rotation, friction, etc.) environments. Our carbide bushings show wear and corrosion resistance with a high fracture toughness for demanding axial thrust. Hyperion also offers FDA compliant cemented carbides.
• Frictional bearings
• Materials compliant with FDA, EC 1935/2004, and USP 87 requirements
• Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, holes, and key-way
• Inner and outside profiles
• Laser engraving
• Polished finish
• Excellent cemented carbide performance in water/food applications with alloyed binder grade range
• Easy to assemble and resistant to handling
• Reliable and consistent material thanks to the more than 60 years’ experience of developing cemented carbide grades
Outer Diameter: 3 to 350 mm
Height: 1.5 to 300 mm
Wall Thickness/Height: > 0.10 mm
Roughness Average (Ra): 3.2
Tolerances: ≥ ±1%
STANDARD CEMENTED CARBIDE GRADES
Grades with hardness (HV30) from 900 to 2200
Grades resistant to corrosion down to pH > 2
*Cemented carbide is also known as solid carbide or tungsten carbide (WC).
Ground tolerances to µm level
Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, holes, and key-way
Inner and outside profiles
Polished finish (Ra): from 0.025 to 0.2 - 0.5
Customized packaging available upon request: plastic trays, thermo-/vacuum-sealed, and bubble envelope.
Additional sizes, tolerances, cemented carbide grades, and quantities (e.g., tests) are available upon request.
Other cemented carbide fluid handling wear parts manufactured by Hyperion include:
Your Hyperion sales person can offer their expertise in selecting the cemented carbide and wear part best suited to solve your needs.