Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures cemented carbide (solid carbide or tungsten carbide (WC)) mechanical seals that provide outstanding material performance in corrosive and abrasive environments. Hyperion seal faces help to minimize leakages by maintaining a stable sealing gap due to high mechanical strength and stiffness. Cemented carbide seal rings can be engineered to fit your specific needs.
• Wear Rings
• Seal Rings
• Ground tolerances up to µm level
• Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, and holes
• Inner and outside profiles
• Laser engraving
• Surface finishes: standard, matte, and mirror
• Flatness: down to 1 to 2 light bands
• Reduced maintenance costs as seal faces maintain flatness under high loads thus minimizing leakage due to the high mechanical strengths and stiffnesses of Hyperion’s specialty carbides
• Excellent material performance in water/food applications with Hyperion’s unique selection of alloyed binder grades
Easy to assemble and resistant to handling
• Reliable and consistent material thanks to the more than 60 years’ experience of developing cemented carbide grades
Outer Diameter: 3 to 350 mm
Height: 1.5 to 300 mm
Wall Thickness/Height: > 0.10 mm
Roughness Average (Ra): 3.2
Tolerances: ≥ ±1%
STANDARD CEMENTED CARBIDE GRADES
Grades with hardness (HV30) from 900 to 2200
Grades resistant to corrosion down to pH > 2
Ground tolerances up to µm level
Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, and holes
Inner and outside profiles
Surface finishes: standard, matte, and mirror
Flatness: down to 1 to 2 light bands
Customized packaging available upon request: plastic trays, thermo-/vacuum-sealed, and bubble envelope.
Additional sizes, tolerances, grades, and quantities (e.g., tests) are available upon request.
Other fluid handling wear parts manufactured by Hyperion include:
Your Hyperion sales person can offer their expertise in selecting the wear part best suited to solve your needs.