Hob blank cemented carbide (also known as solid carbide and tungsten carbide (WC)) grades are available for roughing and finishing operations in steels with hardness ranging from HRC30 to HRC65. Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures standard hob blanks in either a 12 teeth or a 15 teeth configuration.
Hyperion has developed cemented carbide hob blanks for demanding gear cutting and hobbing operations. Hyperion hob blanks provide longer cutting life, better edge security, and higher productivity.
Benefits of Using Hyperion Cemented Carbide Gear Hobs
- Reduction in electrical discharge machining (EDM) wire cutting (creates stronger edge)
- Preformed hob blanks reduce wire cutting costs by more than 50%
- Preformed hob blanks can reduce inventory needs and provide quicker lead times
- Our cemented carbide grade offering results in longer tool life, higher productivity, and less grinding for resharpening
- Our cemented carbides exhibit consistent quality and performance - every time.
Your Hyperion sales person can offer their expertise in selecting the gear hob blank and cemented carbide best suited to solve your needs.
Did you know you can recycle your cemented carbide with Hyperion? Visit our recycling page or contact us for details.