K285T Water-based Slurries
Hyperion Code: K285T
Application: Lapping (used where exceptional cleaning is required but where petroleum contamination cannot be tolerated)
Description: Water-based slurries available in a variety of synthetic diamonds, natural diamond, and cubic boron nitride (CBN).
Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures K285T water-based slurries for use when exceptional cleaning is required but where petroleum contamination cannot be tolerated. K285T is recommended for sapphire and silicon carbide materials.
We combine man-made or synthetic monocrystal, multicrystalline, or polycrystalline diamond (PCD) powder with water-based lubricating liquids with additives to create the slurry solution for your needs. Follow the four easy steps below to select your Hyperion slurry solution.
Tailored Product - Step by Step
- Select the diamond type (or CBN)
- Select the diamond size (example: 8 - 16 microns)
- Select a concentration - how much diamond is needed in the formulation (light, medium, or heavy)
- Select the container (type and size).
Determine what type of diamond is needed in the application:
- SJK-5 - monocrystal diamond powder (most popular diamond type used in compounds)
- RJK-1 - multi-crystal diamond powder that is more friable than a monocrystal diamond < 10 microns
- Poly - polycrystalline diamond available in sizes
- Hyperion - surface enhanced diamond crystals available in a broad range of sizes and crystal structures
- NAT - natural diamond available in a variety of sizes
- Also available in cubic boron nitride (CBN) grades.
Diamonds are available in 15 standard crystal sizes ranging from 0 to 70 microns (100,000 to 270 mesh)
- Light - Suitable for finishing operations
- Medium - Multipurpose choice
- Heavy - Suitable for material removal
Package Types and Sizes
|Bottle (DMS)||Pump/Spray Bottle (DMT)|
|125 ml||4 oz pump bottle|
|250 ml||8 oz spray bottle|
|5 gallon bucket|