K1500 Oil-based Suspensions
Hyperion Code: K1500
Application: Lapping, polishing, and cleaning
Description: Oil-based suspensions available in a variety of synthetic diamonds, natural diamond, and cubic boron nitride (CBN).
Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures water/oil soluble K1500 oil-based suspensions to complement the use of oil as well as water for achieving more productive results and facilitating cleaning.
We combine man-made or synthetic monocrystal, multicrystalline, or polycrystalline diamond (PCD) powder with oil-based lubricating liquids with additives to create the suspension solution for your needs. Follow the four easy steps below to select your Hyperion suspension solution.
Tailored Product - Step by Step
- Select the diamond type (or CBN)
- Select the diamond size (example: 8 - 16 microns)
- Select a concentration - how much diamond is needed in the formulation (light, medium, or heavy)
- Select the packaging (type and size).
Determine what type of diamond is needed in the application:
- SJK-5 - monocrystal diamond powder (most popular diamond type used in compounds)
- RJK-1 - multi-crystal diamond powder that is more friable than a monocrystal diamond < 10 microns
- Poly - polycrystalline diamond available in sizes
- Hyperion - surface enhanced diamond crystals available in a broad range of sizes and crystal structures
- NAT - natural diamond available in a variety of sizes
- Also available in cubic boron nitride (CBN) grades.
Diamonds are available in 15 standard crystal sizes ranging from 0 to 70 microns (100,000 to 270 mesh).
- Light - Suitable for finishing operations
- Medium - Multipurpose choice
- Heavy - Suitable for material removal.
Package Types and Sizes
|Bottle (DMS)||Pump/Spray Bottle (DMT)|
|125 ml||4 oz pump bottle|
|250 ml||8 oz spray bottle|
|5 gallon bucket|
Hyperion also manufactures a full line of diamond compounds.
Your Hyperion salesperson can offer their expertise in selecting the slurry or suspension best suited to solve your needs.