Custom Geometry Insert Blanks
Hyperion Code: n/a
Description: Hyperion Materials & Technologies has the capability to design and manufacture a range of cemented carbide and cermet insert blanks tailored to each customer's unique design. We offer three finishing options: as-sintered, top face and bottom face (T&B) ground, and T&B and periphery ground.
With state-of-the-art pressing and sintering technology, we can manufacture simple 2D insert blanks and a full range of premium 3D custom-made, near-net-shape, insert blanks in cemented tungsten carbide and cermets. Through advanced manufacturing technology, we are able to offer a wide range of geometries with a variety of ground finishes as an option ( top face and bottom face (T&B) ground and T&B and periphery ground).
Our portfolio includes a comprehensive selection of cemented carbide and cermet grades for different applications.
ADVANCED PRODUCT OFFERING
- Complex 3D & 2D geometries
- Near-net shapes
- Comprehensive cemented carbide grade offering
- Unique cermet grades
- World class quality control
- As pressed or ﬁnished ground
- Multi-axial cross hole capabilities.
Hyperion develops specialized cemented carbide and cermet grades from which we manufacture insert and head blanks that improve your productivity and throughput. We use optimized manufacturing methods to ensure the highest quality. Hyperion provides near-net-shape insert blanks that allow customers to eliminate or reduce finishing operations, which save you time and expense, while supporting you with a global network of sales and technical support. Hyperion provides:
- Proven standard cemented carbide grades
- Premium cemented carbide and specialized cermet grades for your unique needs
- Manufacturing methods optimized to provide exceptional dimensional control (tolerance and finish)
- A secure supply chain by manufacturing in the Americas, Asia, and Europe.
A Hyperion product specialist can help you determine which product, grade, and finish will satisfy your metal cutting needs.