LDP Water-/Oil-based Material
Hyperion Code: LDP
Application: Where elimination of agglomeration that can occur in submicron sized powders cannot be tolerated
Description: Water-/oil-based diamond suspensions available in a variety of synthetic diamond and natural diamonds.
Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures LDP water-/oil-based diamond suspensions. The diamond is dispersed in ultra-pure deionized water to eliminate agglomerates that can occur in submicron powders.
We combine man-made or synthetic monocrystal, multicrystalline, or polycrystalline diamond (PCD) powder with water-/oil-based lubricating liquids with additives to create the suspension solution for your needs. Follow the four easy steps below to select your Hyperion suspension solution.
Tailored Product - Step by Step
- Select the diamond type
- Select the diamond size (example: 8 - 16 microns)
- Select a concentration - how much diamond is needed in the formulation (light, medium, or heavy)
- Select the packaging (type and size).
Determine what type of diamond is needed in the application:
- SJK-5 - monocrystal diamond powder (most popular diamond type used in compounds)
- RJK-1 - multi-crystal diamond powder that is more friable than a monocrystal diamond < 10 microns
- Poly - polycrystalline diamond available in sizes
- Hyperion - surface enhanced diamond crystals available in a broad range of sizes and crystal structures
- NAT - natural diamond available in a variety of sizes.
Diamonds are available in 15 standard crystal sizes ranging from 0 to 70 microns (100,000 to 270 mesh).
- Light - Suitable for finishing operations
- Medium - Multipurpose choice
- Heavy - Suitable for material removal.
Package Types and Sizes
|Bottle (DMS)||Pump/Spray Bottle (DMT)|
|125 ml||4 oz pump bottle|
|250 ml||8 oz spray bottle|
|5 gallon bucket|
Hyperion also manufactures a full line of diamond compounds.
Your Hyperion salesperson can offer their expertise in selecting the slurry or suspension best suited to solve your needs.