Compax® - Thermally Stable
Hyperion Code: Compax® (TS)
Wire Material: Tungsten/molybdenum
Description: Self-supported and thermally stable PCD die blanks are available in 5 and 25 micron diamond grain sizes with dimensional sizing from D-6 to D-30.
- Catalyst metal removed
- Thermally stable up to 1050°C in an inert or reducing atmosphere
- Can be mounted using high temperature, high strength metal setting powders
- Not electrically conductive: electrical discharge machining (EDM) not recommended for piercing/shaping
- Use laser, ultrasonic, or needle piercing/shaping methods.
TS or MF Grade
- Drawing of high carbon steel tire cord
- Drawing of smaller diameter and critical surface finish nonferrous and ferrous wires.
- High temperature drawing of tungsten/molybdenum.