Hyperion Code: n/a
Dimensions: as per drawing/requested
Description: Meachanical seal rings and other wear rings manufactured to custom dimensions. Cemented carbide grades and designs are tailored to each customer based on individal needs and requirements.
Hyperion Materials & Technologies manufactures cemented carbide mechanical seals that provide outstanding material performance in corrosive and abrasive environments. Hyperion seal faces help to minimize leakages by maintaining a stable sealing gap due to high mechanical strength and stiffness. Cemented carbide seal rings can be engineered to fit your specific needs.
• Wear Rings
• Seal Rings
• Ground tolerances up to µm level
• Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, and holes
• Inner and outside profiles
• Laser engraving
• Surface finishes: standard, matte, and mirror
• Flatness: down to 1 to 2 light bands
• Reduced maintenance costs as seal faces maintain flatness under high loads thus minimizing leakage due to the high mechanical strengths and stiffnesses of Hyperion’s specialty cemented carbides
• Excellent material performance in water/food applications with Hyperion’s unique selection of alloyed binder grades
• Easy to assemble and resistant to handling
• Reliable and consistent material thanks to the more than 60 years’ experience of developing cemented carbide grades.
Outer Diameter: 3 to 350 mm
Height: 1.5 to 300 mm
Wall Thickness/Height: > 0.10 mm
Roughness Average (Ra): 3.2
Tolerances: ≥ ±1%
STANDARD CEMENTED CARBIDE GRADES
Cemented carbided grades with hardness (HV30) from 900 to 2200
Grades resistant to corrosion down to pH > 2
Ground tolerances up to µm level
Shape features as chamfers, radii, slots, and holes
Inner and outside profiles
Surface finishes: standard, matte, and mirror
Flatness: down to 1 to 2 light bands
Customized packaging available upon request: plastic trays, thermo-/vacuum-sealed, and bubble envelope.
Additional sizes, tolerances, cemented carbide grades, and quantities (e.g., tests) are available upon request.
Other cemented carbide fluid handling wear parts manufactured by Hyperion include:
Your Hyperion salesperson can offer their expertise in selecting the cemented carbide and wear part best suited to solve your needs.
*Cemented carbide is also known as solid carbide or tungsten carbide (WC).