Compax® - Electrically Conductive
Hyperion Code: Compax® (MF)
Wire Material: High carbon steel
Description: Self-supported and electrically conductive (metal filled) PCD die blanks are available in 5 and 25 micron diamond grain sizes with dimensional sizing from D-6 to D-30.
- Metal filled, contains catalyst metal
- Thermally stable up to 700°C
- Do not exceed 700°C in blank mounting
- Electrically conductive: EDM, laser, ultrasonic, or needle methods for piercing/shaping die bore may be used.
- Diamond micron powder grade SJK-5 or GMM coating series recommended for final die bore shaping and polishing
- For superior polish, use 0.25 μm or 0.5 μm graded diamond fines.
TS or MF Grade
- Drawing of high carbon steel tire cord
- Drawing of smaller diameter and critical surface finish nonferrous and ferrous wires.