Materials Analysis Laboratory
Hyperion Materials & Technologies' materials analysis laboratory in Worthington, Ohio (USA) is a part of our R&D portfolio. It provides cutting-edge materials characterization and analysis for monocrystalline diamond, polycrystalline diamond (PCD), cubic boron nitride (CBN), cemented tungsten carbide, and related materials. Here we solve materials development challenges and meet our customers' analytical needs.
Key competences include:
- Advanced particle characterization
- Chemical analysis
- High resolution microscopy
- Physical characterization
- Thermal analysis.
Our laboratory is capable of conducting a variety of analytical techniques including:
- Electrical sensing zone method
- Light scattering
- Photo centrifugal method
- Shape analysis.
- Elemental analysis (N and O analysis)
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS)
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectroscopy (ICP-OES)
- Raman spectroscopy
- Vibrational spectroscopy (FTIR)
- X-ray diffraction (XRD)
- X-ray fluorescence (XRF).
- Hardness (Vickers, Knoop, and Rockwell)
- Heat-flow differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
- Magnetic saturation and magnetic coercivity
- Metallography (including ion polishing)
- Surface area
- Thermal analysis
- Thermo gravimetric analysis (TGA)
- Universal mechanical testing (room and elevated temperatures).
- Image analysis (partical size/shape, microstructure, etc.)
- Metallography (sectioning, mechanical polishing, and ion polishing)
- Optical microscopy
- Scanning electron microscopy.
Contact Hyperion for your materials analysis needs.