Dental Bur Shank Type FG
Hyperion Code: FG (friction grip)
Description: Dental bur blanks available in select diameters (1.6 - 1.8 mm) and lengths (16 - 30 mm). Standard cemented carbide grade is H10F.
Open Tolerance / Ground Diameter
Hyperion Materials & Technologies has been manufacturing high quality cemented carbide dental burr blanks, including shank type FG (friction grip), for over twenty years. Our high quality cemented carbide products result from a fully integrated process with strict and robust statistical process controls that create superior finished blanks. We partner with our customers to improve performance and develop solutions for their dental bur applications.
• Blanks products
• Shank type FG
• Surgical procedures
• Laboratory manufacturing capabilities
• Reliable and consistent products resulting from Hyperion’s experience in developing cemented carbide grades for the medical industry
• Polished and ground ﬁnishes reduce the need for further manufacturing
• Reduced delivery time resulting from Hyperion’s global distribution centers
• Material knowledge of metal cutting applications.
Shank Type FG
|Diameter (mm)||Length (mm)|
Diameter (D): +0.15 / 0 mm
Length (L): +0.2 / 0 mm
Roughness Average (Ra): 0.4 to 1.0
|Standard Cemented Carbide Grade||Minimum Order Quantity|
Polished finish (Ra): 0.2 - 0.4
Diameter tolerance (mm): ≤ 0 / -0.004
Additional sizes, tolerances, cemented carbide grades, and quantities (e.g., tests) are available upon request.
Other cemented carbide medical and dental wear parts manufactured by Hyperion include:
- Dental Bur Shank Types HP and RA
- Dental Bur Pellet Ground Diameter
- Dental Bur Pellet Open Tolerance.
Your Hyperion salesperson can offer their expertise in selecting the cemented carbide and wear part best suited to solve your needs.
*Cemented carbide is also known as solid carbide or tungsten carbide (WC).