Hyperion Code: n/a
Dimensions: as per drawing/requested
Description: Aircraft components manufactured to custom dimensions. Cemented carbide grades and designs are tailored to each customer based on individal needs and requirements.
Hyperion Materials & Technologies has manufactured cemented carbide components used in engines, helicopters, and airplanes for over two decades. The strength and wear resistance of cemented carbide make it the best choice for aerospace components, as other materials cannot withstand the tough environmental conditions. The properties of cemented carbide allow it to adapt to conditions as equipment performance intensifies.
• Vane pump body
• Wear pads
• Helicopter rotors
• Aircraft engines
• Aircraft air conditional system
• Aircraft control system
- Reliability resulting from manufacturing according to EN 9100:2016 and NADCAP systems (for some processes)
- Long service life over repetitive runs due to the high wear and abrasion resistances and high stiffnesses and low thermal expansion coefficients of Hyperion’s cemented carbides
- Application development expertise gained over 30 years of experience in the aerospace industry.
Cemented carbide offers exceptional resistance properties for aerospace components.
Cemented carbide significantly increases components' resistance to wear and friction. This exceptionally hard metal is able to provide an immediate barrier in severe operating conditions.
These properties of cemented carbide also defend against aggressive operating environments in aircrafts:
- Extremely high compressive strength
- High Young's modulus
- Perfect corrosion resistance to pH between 2 and 8
- Oxidation resistance up to 600°C and even 900°C in some conditions
- Limited loss of mechanical characteristics if the material is exposed to high temperatures (hardness reduced only from 50% at 700°C)
- Initial characteristics recovered during cooling (the material does not need to be heat treated to be hard, and it cannot be annealed)
- Good friction coefficient in dry conditions.
|Heat treated carbon steel||✔|
|Heat treated sustenitic stainless steel||✔||✔|
Hyperion's cemented carbide components for the aerospace industry yield exceptional performance and offer the highest level of operational reliability.
Other engineered wear components manufactured by Hyperion include:
Your Hyperion salesperson can offer their expertise in selecting the cemented carbide and wear part best suited to solve your needs.
*Cemented carbide is also known as solid carbide or tungsten carbide (WC).